Our Programs > Excursion Grants
Excursion Grants are available to open new vistas to children.
Funding for this program is exhausted. Please check back at a later date to see if funding has been renewed.
Excursion Grants For Invited Public School Teachers grades K-5, in Alameda and San Mateo Counties.
Who: Invited public school teachers for grades K-5, Alameda and San Mateo counties. There is a limit of 2 grants per school each school year.
What: Grants of up to $1,000 are available to fund classroom excursions; funds can cover the cost of transportation, admission fees and food. Examples: go to the beach, go to a museum, take a bay ferry, a classroom hike and picnic. The purpose of this program is to open new vistas to children.
How: We've made it easy! Simply fax in a description of your idea on school letterhead, including the following information:
- Date and Excursion Grant notation
- School and district name, address, telephone and fax number
- Your name, email address, grade level
- Total amount requested
- Description of your project
- How many students will benefit
- Itemization of how the money will be spent (we encourage same grade level teachers to apply together to maximize this resource grant)
- Applications must be signed by both the submitting teacher and the school principal
- Fax your application without a cover sheet to (510) 645-1892
Deadline: Send your request in as soon as it is ready. If approved, funds will immediately be disbursed.
*Please note the limit of two grants per school*
This program is made possible with funding by The Geballe Family.